Manila (MNL) * Singapore (SIN) * Hong Kong (HKG) * Macau (MFM) * Jakarta (CGK) * Denpasar (DPS) * Kuala Lumpur (KUL) * Subang (SZB) * Penang (PEN) * Johor Bahru (JHB) * Kota Kinabalu (BKI) * Kuching (KCH) * Miri (MYY) * Kuala Terengganu (TGG) * Kota Bharu (KBR) * Labuan (LBU) * Bintulu (BTU) * Bandar Seri Begawan (BWN) * Taipei (TPE) * Bangkok (BKK) * Don Mueang (DMK) * Phuket (HKT) * Laoag (LAO) * Tuguegarao (TUG) * Clark (CRK) * Naga (WNP) * Legazpi (LGP) * Busanga (USU) * Puerto Princesa (PPS) * Caticlan (MPH) * Kalibo (KLO) * Roxas (RXS) * Iloilo (ILO) * Bacolod (BCD) * Cebu (CEB) * Tagbilaran (TAG) * Dumaguete (DGT) * Tacloban (TAC) * Dipolog (DPL) * Pagadian (PAG) * Ozamiz (OZC) * Cagayan de Oro (CGY) * Camiguin (CGM) * Butuan (BXU) * Surigao (SUG) * Siargao (IAO) * Davao (DVO) * General Santos (GES)
| 30 comments ]

After spending a day and a half at our relatives’ Llamar Beach Resort in Laiya Beach, our family was invited to Palm Beach Resort at the other side of San Juan, Batangas called Hugom. We had to climb up a hill to reach the place, but as soon as we got there, we were asked to park and were shuttled to a hut near the beach, which is tucked away from the beaches of Laiya.

I am bad with names, but the vice president of the big company that manages the resort welcomed us. She said rooms were fully booked since two weeks ago, so she wasn’t able to reserve a room for us on such short notice. It was all good though, because we couldn’t stay overnight anyway. Read more…

palm5

We rode a golf cart to the stay-in guests’ dining area for lunch. By the way, they have separate dining areas for those who are staying in and those who are in for a day tour. There is also a specific area for day tour guests near the beach to maintain the calmness of the place. Anyway, I could not remember the entire spread during lunch, but I did remember the sinampalukang manok (chicken in tamarind broth) and the luscious banana crumble for dessert.

After a heavy lunch, the president of the company that manages the resort among other projects sat down and talked to my dad about the resort. Soon after, the owner himself drove the golf cart and gave us a tour of his resort, from the impressive minimalist casas to the nice infinity pool.

I have to be honest though that their beach is nothing to write home about, especially during low tide. While they have cleared rocky portions of the resort’s 300-meter shoreline, their beach is a stark contrast from the resorts in Laiya Beach. However, the good thing is that they have water sports equipment, such as a Jet Ski, a speed boat, and kayaks.

I wondered what draws people to the place, when the beach is not the best, and admittedly, the rates are steep. Well, the vice president told us that people are attracted to the tranquility and exclusivity the place offers. Indeed, sometimes, it’s nice to be lost in the scenery and setting and just immerse yourself in the serenity of the beach.

palm2

palm3

palm1

palm4

palm7

palm6

Luxuriate in serenity at Palm Beach Resort. San Juan, Batangas is only a two hour drive from Manila!

Palm Beach Resort offers day tours that come with lunch and a snack and impressive casas for overnight stays. Rates vary according to season, so it’s best to check their website here.

arielmaverickP.S. The entire time we were at Palm Beach, the comedic duo of Ariel and Maverick were shooting an episode for TV5’s TotooTV. The episode was aired last May 23, 2011. My two siblings were cast as extras for a scene!

30 comments

lifeisacelebration said... @ May 28, 2011 at 6:15 PM

wow. Your photography, by itself, is soothing to the nerves.  Maybe I should go there after all the excitement of my 1 week Bicol escapade while the entire region is under Typhoon Signal #2! Nice well-written blog, Lloyd.

dhenzuki said... @ May 29, 2011 at 4:58 AM

nice one! I've been there  last April and the place was so great.. very relaxing..nice shots lost boy

Jonna B. said... @ May 29, 2011 at 7:48 AM

Beautiful place! It would be nice to just bum around there while sipping buko juice :) (At least that's how I pictured myself while looking at your wonderful photos).

roman leo reyman said... @ May 29, 2011 at 11:29 AM

Been here almost two years ago. Agree, the place's tranquility is its best asset. Nice post and pictures.

lakwatsera de primera said... @ May 29, 2011 at 12:12 PM

Ang sarap mag-relax malapit sa pool at parang pareho yung open-air cottage nya sa La Luz pati na rin yung packages nila.

Marky said... @ May 30, 2011 at 9:07 AM

I'm a fan of Ariel and Maverick haha...haven't been to these resorts in Batangas - makes an ideal get away with the girlfriend.

beach resorts philippines said... @ May 30, 2011 at 10:58 AM

Honestly, I'd never been to Batangas before, speaking of this resort when I look at the snapshots provided I really appreciate it so much. Even though the beach is not that good as what you said, customers comes back again and again maybe because they love the services, the ambiance particularly and the environment. I really love it so much.

Thepinaysolobackpacker said... @ May 30, 2011 at 4:02 PM

love the pix w. the kayaks! never been to a good beach in Batangas. Thnks for sharing!

tina said... @ May 30, 2011 at 8:14 PM

Nice pix! :)

The Lost Boy Lloyd said... @ May 30, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Hi Tita Lil! It's ideal for families. Maybe the grandchildren can come with! :)

The Lost Boy Lloyd said... @ May 30, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Thanks Den! Come back, summer's not yet over! :)) Thanks for dropping by! :)

The Lost Boy Lloyd said... @ May 30, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Hello! I think that's what the resort owner is really aiming for. It's so nice to just lie on one of those cabanas! Thanks for dropping by! :)

The Lost Boy Lloyd said... @ May 30, 2011 at 11:59 PM

True! But they're already going to improve it this year, by moving out the rocks and clearing the beach. :)

The Lost Boy Lloyd said... @ May 31, 2011 at 12:01 AM

I've heard good things about La Luz, but haven't been there personally. It's almost the same area, though. :)

The Lost Boy Lloyd said... @ May 31, 2011 at 12:05 AM

I watched the episode and it's too funny! :)) Been watching them from way back. :)

Yes, San Juan's not too far from Manila. Thanks for dropping by! :)

The Lost Boy Lloyd said... @ May 31, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Wow, thank you! I agree with what you said. The environment made me like the place too.

Thanks for dropping by! :)

The Lost Boy Lloyd said... @ May 31, 2011 at 12:11 AM

And I was thinking of not including this shot, because it shows the not-so-cleared portion of the beach. :)) Thanks! :D

The Lost Boy Lloyd said... @ May 31, 2011 at 12:12 AM

Thank you! Glad to hear you liked it, and thanks for dropping by! :D

Pao said... @ May 31, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Looks great. The place just looks so promising. Love your works with the photos. =)

The Lost Boy Lloyd said... @ June 13, 2011 at 1:29 AM

Glad you liked it Pao! :)

The Lost Boy Lloyd said... @ June 28, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Glad you liked it Pao! :)

The Lost Boy Lloyd said... @ June 28, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Yes, San Juan's not too far from Manila. Thanks for dropping by! :)

The Lost Boy Lloyd said... @ June 28, 2011 at 5:53 PM

The Lost Boy Lloyd said... @ June 28, 2011 at 5:54 PM

The Lost Boy Lloyd said... @ June 28, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Thanks for dropping by! :)

The Lost Boy Lloyd said... @ June 28, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Hi Tita Lil! It's ideal for families. Maybe the grandchildren can come with! :)

The Lost Boy Lloyd said... @ June 28, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Thanks Den! Come back, summer's not yet over! :)) Thanks for dropping by! :)

The Lost Boy Lloyd said... @ June 28, 2011 at 5:59 PM